At Children’s National, our sole focus is to provide age-appropriate care that improves your child’s quality of life. Every one of our neurologists has specialized training in child neurology and all have fields of expertise in subsets of child neurology. We use the latest diagnostic imaging tests and the least invasive, most effective treatments to care for even the most complex neurological conditions.
The Children’s National Hospital Division of Neurology includes an expert team of neurologists, neurology nurses, social workers and others. They work together to provide your child with effective, compassionate care. In fact, Children’s National consistently ranks among the top pediatric neurology programs in the country according to U.S. News & World Report.
Expert Neurology Care at Children’s National
At Children’s National, our sole focus is to provide age-appropriate care that improves your child’s quality of life. Every one of our neurologists has specialized training in child neurology and all have fields of expertise in subsets of child neurology. We use the latest diagnostic imaging tests and the least invasive, most effective treatments to care for even the most complex neurological conditions. Our programs and services address the wide range of neurological issues that some children face.
You can be assured that:
- Safety is our priority. We take extra steps to create the safest possible care environment for your child, whether it's in our own clinics or working closely with our colleagues in neuroradiology and neurosurgery. Experts at Children’s National have even pioneered neuro-critical care practices, which protect the brain health of our most medically fragile patients.
- We have neuro-imaging expertise. Our team has pioneered advanced functional imaging techniques that have changed clinical practice. We work closely with nationally renowned neuroradiologists who specialize in diagnosing neurologic conditions. By using the best available equipment, lower amounts of radiation are used for high-quality images – even if your child has a hard time sitting still.
- We will use the latest research to treat your child. We are advancing the science of neurology care through research and clinical trials. Our research interests span the entire spectrum of pediatric neurologic disorders. Find out more about our Center for Neuroscience Research.
First Hospital in the U.S. to Offer Non-Invasive Technology for Pediatric Brain Tumors
Learn more about how Children’s National is the first hospital in the U.S. to treat high-grade pediatric brain tumors with low-intensity focused ultrasound (LIFU).
Conditions We Treat
We treat many different conditions including:
Advanced Neurologic Testing at Children’s National
Our team uses the latest techniques and technologies to provide accurate diagnosis and rapid treatment for children with neurological disorders. We take the time to explain the diagnostic tests available for your child, answering your questions and making sure that you are completely comfortable with the process. In fact, we are nationally recognized by organizations such as National Association of Epilepsy Centers for maintaining the highest levels of testing and quality.
Advanced neurologic testing available at Children’s National includes:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) and video electroencephalogram (vEEG)
- Evoked potentials (EP) test
- Nerve conduction study (NCS) or nerve velocity study (NCV)
- Electromyogram (EMG)
As well as:
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan
- Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT)
- Wada (intra-carotid amobarbital) test
Neurology Refill Request
We are unable to refill medications if the patient has not had an office visit within the past six (6) months.
Please call 888-884-BEAR (2327) to schedule an appointment. If the patient has had an office visit within the past six (6) months, please contact 202-476-2120 to request a refill.