Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. and for platelet donations 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The 2nd and 4th Saturday from 7 a.m. - 2 p.m. and for platelet donations 7 a.m. - 12 p.m.
How You Can Help
- Learn about our basic blood donor eligibility requirements. If you are uncertain of your eligibility, read our more detailed requirements.
- Call 202-476-KIDS to schedule a donation appointment.
- To host a blood drive, call 202-476-5437 or email us (at [email protected] or [email protected]).
- Learn about blood donation and how your blood is used.
- Read about the impact of blood donation on sickle cell patients (PDF).
What to Expect When You Donate Blood
Virtual Tour of the Blood Donor Center
Donating blood at Children’s National? Watch our virtual tour to prepare for your visit at our Blood Donor Center, located on the second floor of the Main Hospital.
Become a Blood Donor Ambassador
The Blood Donor Ambassador Program at Children’s National Hospital was created to meet the growing need for blood donations for children with sickle cell disease. Learn more about how you can become an advocate in your community for this life-saving treatment.
Donating Blood During COVID-19
Even as COVID-19 spreads across the United States and globally, the need for blood donations remains. Learn more about why blood donations are essential, the time requirement and how you can schedule an appointment.