Skip to main content

Patient Portal

Children’s National Hospital believes that trust and communication are essential for building strong relationships between the care team, patients and caregivers. In support of this, Children’s National provides secure 24/7 access to specialty, emergency, inpatient and primary care health information through our patient portal.

Please do not use the patient portal if your child requires immediate assistance. Call your physician's office directly. If it is a life-threatening emergency, call 911.

One Unified Care Portal

Patient health information can be managed in MyChildrensPortal when the patient is seeing a Children's National physician for primary, specialty, inpatient or emergency care. You can also download the patient portal app, MyChildrensPortal, available for iPhone and Android users.

How to Register for MyChildrensPortal

  1. Request an invite: Portal invites can be requested from many Children’s National team members. For example, you can ask for an invite when calling to schedule an appointment, when signing in for your appointment at the front desk, from care team members during your appointment, and when checking out.
    • Patients over 18 can self-enroll here.
    • You will need your medical record number (MRN) to create an account. Your MRN can be found on: discharge documents, clinic notes, the patient's hospital bracelet or a billing statement. You can also call Medical Records at 202-476-5267 and select Option 7.
  2. Check your email for an invite. The invites expire to protect patient privacy, so please claim the invite promptly.

Discover More About Our Portal

  • Learn more about the portal in our frequently asked questions
  • Once enrolled, you can access the MyChildrensPortal through the MyChildrensPortal app. MyChildrensPortal is available for download in the App Store and on Google Play.
  • If you have a request for a legal name change within the medical record and hospital systems, it should be made through the Health Information Management (HIM) department: Legal Name Change Request Form (PDF)