Inpatient Case Managers are registered nurses (social workers in Psychiatry) who will work with you and your care team to plan for your child’s discharge. You may qualify for support from an Ambulatory Case Manager after your child goes home. Email our case managers with any questions you may have about your health insurance plan and covered benefits.
Case Managers help your family by:
- Continuously reviewing and auditing the medical record for medical necessity, and ensuring health care services are administered with quality, code efficiency and within compliance.
- Making referrals for home care services and transitional care facilities
- Arranging home equipment and supplies
- Working with local and national pharmacies to obtain special medications
- Setting up ambulance transports if needed
- Coordinating insurance coverage for your child’s discharge needs
- Facilitating communication among your child’s doctors