Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Children’s National Hospital! We have a variety of options for you to help the kids in our care. Please review opportunities and more information below.
Community Support Opportunities
- Assemble a Caregiver Comfort Kits: Prepare a kit with essential items to address the immediate needs of long-term families.
- Be a Compassionate Crafter: Assemble coloring/activity kits or boredom buster bags.
- No Sew Fleece Blankets: Make no-fleece blankets for our patients and families.
- Host a Toy Drive: Host a toy drive and have participants make a donation to Children’s National during your event.
- Share Musical Talent: Share a video of yourself playing an instrument and/or singing.
- Record a Virtual Story Time: Record a video of yourself reading a story for our patients.
Special Events and Onsite Volunteer Opportunities
We are excited to offer opportunities to small groups and individual community members who are interested in volunteering onsite at a special event or on a one-time basis. Please email us for more information about Special Event and Community Volunteer opportunities.
More Ways to Help
Donate Blood or Plasma
Learn more about why blood and plasma donations are essential and how to schedule an appointment.
Donations to Dr. Bear's Closet
We are currently accepting monetary and in-kind donations of brand-new toys, games, and clothing through our online wish list.
Support the Race for Every Child
Learn more about how to join or donate directly to the Volunteer Services race team, CN Volunteers.