Record Yourself Reading
Record a video of yourself reading to add to our library of recorded stories that will comfort children and families beyond Covid-19.
Guidelines to create a great story time:
- Pick a location that is a quiet space without interruptions.
- Make sure the sound quality is clear. Oftentimes, an iPhone may be better quality than a laptop.
Picking a book
- Pick a book you love to read.
- Books with beautiful illustrations are encouraged.
- Avoid picking a book that says things such as "feel better" or "get well soon".
- We also welcome submissions of books read in languages other than English
While you are reading
- Introduce yourself and the book, perhaps by saying something like, “Hello friends, my name is [Joe]. Today, we are reading [Book Title] by [Author].”
- Take your time, enjoy reading slowly. Feel free to be dramatic and fun in your reading!
- Linger over pictures or details, showing them to the camera as if you were reading to a group of children in person.
- Say “The End” when you finish the book.
Submitting your recording
- Save your recording
- Send file to Children's National by visiting wetransfer.com. You do not need an account. Upload your video file and enter our email address [email protected] to the “email to” section.
If you have any questions, email Allie Williams.