The Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine provides the only comprehensive healthcare services of its kind for adolescents and young adults in the metropolitan Washington, D.C., area. Each year, nearly 10,000 adolescents receive care at the various clinics that make up these programs, many of which offer unique specialty care that is not available anywhere else in the region.
We seek to improve the health and well-being of youth through:
- Accessible healthcare services for adolescents in the context of their family, culture and community
- Research to increase understanding of disparities in adolescent health, promote adolescent health equity, and improve adolescent health outcomes
- Providing the best medical and quality of life outcomes, patient and family experiences to adolescents and young adults in our health system and community
- Respecting individuality and supporting physical and emotional growth by empowering adolescents to take ownership of their healthcare and life decisions
- Division members demonstrating excellence in teaching, creating and disseminating new knowledge and promoting shared commitment and community collaboration.
What specialty services are available?
What services can my child receive from the Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine?
What clinical services are available for my adolescent?
All Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine Locations