The HSC Pediatric Center inpatient program provides high quality transitional medical care and rehabilitation for children with complex medical conditions. Admission to HSC Pediatric Center serves as a stepping to home from an acute inpatient or intensive care setting.
Our interdisciplinary team are experts in providing care to infants, children and adolescents with the following conditions or diagnoses:
- Ventilator dependence
- Complications of prematurity, including bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
- Feeding difficulties
- Nutritional support via feeding tube
- Weaning sedation after a prolonged illness
- Prolonged IV therapy (antibiotics or nutrition)
- Rehabilitation after an illness or injury
- Wound Care
- Palliative Care
We provide comprehensive services to prepare you and your child for discharge to home, including caregiver training, discharge planning and coordination of services, and transition to outpatient care.