Children’s National Pediatric Sports Medicine: Why Choose Us?
Children’s National delivers the highest level of care to children with sports injuries. In fact, we are national experts in pediatric-specific techniques that also protect your child's physical development. We also successfully treat complex injuries, such as torn anterior cruciate ligaments (ACLs), in children as young as six years old.
Highlights of our program include:
- Expertise: Children’s National is home to providers in multiple subspecialties, who work together to provide the best care for your child. Working alongside athletic trainers and physical therapists, our sports medicine doctors successfully treat your child's injuries.
- Convenient care. The Fight For Children Sports Medicine Center offers a wide range of orthopaedic services, from injury prevention to rehabilitation, in one location which helps to make sure young athletes are able to function to their peak performance. Learn about the services offered at this location.
- Protecting your child’s development: We use pediatric-specific surgical methods to treat your child without affecting his or her growth potential. Using special techniques and a conservative approach helps us protect special segments in the long bones of the arms and legs (growth plates). Learn more about minimally invasive orthopaedic surgery.
- Referral center: Physicians from outside the Washington, D.C., area put their trust in our expertise. We receive referrals from as far away as West Virginia and North Carolina. We invite referring providers to view our referral guidelines.
- Family-centered approach: We always consider your child’s eagerness to play along with your family’s concern for his or her comfort and well-being. This helps us personalize treatments to fit your family’s preferences. We’re always open to adjusting treatment plans when necessary.
- Research: We are part of a select group of physicians working to improve care and treatment for uncommon injuries involving bone and cartilage in the knee (osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) lesions). Learn more about this work being done at the Sheikh Zayed Institute for Surgical Innovation.
Sports Medicine Conditions We Treat at Children’s National
Sports Medicine Treatments at Children’s National
Preventing Pediatric Sports Injuries
Innovative Care for the Young Athlete
The Fight for Children Sports Medicine Center is the only facility of its kind dedicated to kids in the Washington, D.C., region. It offers a full range of sports medicine programs specifically for the young athlete – from clinical care and top-of-the-line imaging to sports physical therapy, athletic training, and 3D motion capture and analysis.