At Children’s National Hospital, our team of expert ear, nose, and throat specialists (called ENTs, or otolaryngologists) has a high level of experience and expertise in treating pediatric ENT disorders.
We are international leaders in the field of otolaryngology and a local, national, and international referral center for children with ear, nose, and throat disorders. Our team combines clinical excellence in a compassionate, child-friendly environment.
From the basic to the most complex, our team provides every aspect of ENT care. Whether we are managing chronic ear infections or performing advanced procedures to treat hearing loss, we have the resources and skills to give children the care they need. Services we provide include:
- Recognizing milestones. While every child is different, there are certain age-appropriate milestones that can help parents and doctors recognize a hearing concern. It is important to diagnose these conditions early so intervention can begin immediately. Sometimes, even common conditions can become more serious if left untreated. If you suspect your child is not meeting the appropriate milestones, contact our ENT department. Learn more about hearing, speech, and language milestones.
- Expert diagnosis and evaluation. A pediatric ENT specialist can also distinguish illnesses or disorders in children whose symptoms may be different from symptoms in adults. We provide advanced, focused, child-centered care in our department and in our specialty clinics.
The services we provide are backed by features like:
- Internationally renowned pediatric ENT specialists. Our ENT surgeons are fellowship-trained in pediatric otolaryngology, the highest level of training available. In addition to our surgical expertise, we are also the only center in the region to guarantee 24/7 access to a pediatric anesthesiologist to care for all of your child’s sedation and pain management needs. We have attained Level 1 Surgery Verification from the American College of Surgeons, a distinction that recognizes surgery centers that have improved surgical quality, prevented complications, reduced costs and saved lives.
- Leadership and experience. We treat 22,000 patients every year, a high volume that translates into a superior level of experience for our team. Due to our experience and high volume, we are a referral center locally, nationally and internationally.
- Ongoing research. Our team actively participates in research in the field of otolaryngology, bringing the latest techniques and treatments to your child’s bedside. We are constantly working to make procedures even more safe and effective for your child. Learn more about the Children’s National Research Institute
Conditions We Treat
Online Appointment Scheduling Available for Existing Patients
If your child is an existing patient, you can schedule their appointments online through the MyChildrensNational patient portal. Learn more information about the patient portal and how to sign up.