Frequently Asked Questions
What are the elective rotations available?
Rotations are required in neuro-pathology and neuro-radiology. Electives include: neurosurgery, palliative care, neuro-psychology, neuro-ophthalmology and neurology.
What teaching conferences are available?
There are multiple ongoing teaching conferences every week. Neuro-oncology-specific conferences include:
- Monday morning patient rounds and neuro-radiology rounds
- Bi-weekly multi-institutional neuro-oncology tumor board
- Thursday didactic teaching conference
- A monthly virtual tumor board with collaborators in Brazil
- Monthly neuro-oncology journal club/teaching conference
In addition, pediatric grand rounds, oncology grand rounds, and various conferences in related disciplines are available and encouraged.
What research opportunities are available?
Research projects are expected of the fellow, with a goal of at least one publication/presentation during the year. Basic research can be accommodated, and multiple clinical projects are ongoing at any given time. Fellows will be involved in each step of clinical research in addition to their own project(s). In addition, the fellow will be supported in attending at least one conference each year.