Episodic Associate Application
Thank you for your interest in shadowing as an Episodic Associate at Children's National Hospital, an Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF).
To begin the episodic process, you must have confirmed with a Children's National staff member that they will serve as your supervisor while you shadow in their department for no more than five (5) days consecutively.
Please follow these steps to obtain episodic clearance:
- Please complete the Episodic Associate Confidentiality Liability and General Policy Commitment Form. The form should only be submitted within five (5) days of the first shadowing date. Forms cannot be signed or dated more than five (5) days before the shadowing date. Incomplete forms or forms returned more than five (5) days before the start date will not be accepted. Associates must be age 15 or older. Associates under age 18 must have a parent sign the form.
- Please complete the Children's National Acknowledgement of Risk Form (COVID-19).
- Please complete the HIPAA acknowledgement.
- If the episodic associate is not a U.S. citizen, we will need a copy of his/her visa. Please note, legal approval will need to be obtained before we can finalize the observation.
- A copy of a government issued ID must be provided.
- Proof of both the COVID-19 and Flu vaccine must be provided.
Please email us all documents once completed.
Please note that the Episodic Program only permits the associate to observe for five days within one month consecutively. If you wish to observe for more than five days, the full onboarding for the Special Category Program must be completed.