Families who bring their child to Children's National Hospital for neurointerventional radiology treatment may have some of the following questions. Our specialist will answer these and any other questions you may have at your pre-procedure telehealth appointment:
- What is an angiogram?
- What is the difference between an angiogram and a CT angiogram or MR angiogram?
- Why does my child need general anesthesia for the angiogram?
- How do you limit my child's radiation exposure?
- What are the risks of the procedure?
- How long does the procedure last?
- When will I know the results?
- When can my child eat after the angiogram?
- What are the restrictions after the angiogram?
- How long do we have to stay at the hospital on the day of the angiogram?
In addition, our specialist will:
- Review your child's medical history with you
- Review any prior imaging studies
- Explain why an angiogram is being requested
- Explain the procedure in detail
- Answer any remaining questions you may have