Neurofibromatosis Family Day 2023
The Gilbert Institute for Neurofibromatosis, with the support of the Children’s Tumor Foundation, is hosting our annual family day to support children with neurofibromatosis (NF) and their families. This event will provide the opportunity to interact with clinicians and researchers who work with children with NF.
Experts will discuss relevant topics including:
- Patient engagement in research
- Basics of ADHD
- Headache management
- Pain and NF: Common musculoskeletal issues
- Sleep health and NF
- How to talk about NF with your child
- Registration deadline to receive a T-shirt: July 16th
- Final registration deadline: July 30th
- Check-in starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Childcare and kid friendly activities provided
- Lunch provided
Keynote Speaker: Vanessa Merker, Ph.D., Mass General Research Institute
Speakers: Miriam Bornhorst, M.D., pediatric neuro-oncologist
Johanna Nielsen, Ph.D., pediatric neuropsychologist
Brynna Scherloum, M.S., C.C.L.S.,
Mi Ran Shin, M.D., M.P.H., pediatric physiatrist
Jeffrey Strelzik, M.D., pediatric neurologist
Ryan Uy, M.D., developmental pediatrician
Karin Walsh, Psy.D., pediatric neuropsychologist
Questions? Contact the NF Team.