Dr. Bear's Medical School for Kids
Drop in with your favorite doll or stuffed animal for Dr. Bear's Medical School for Kids.
The event is free and children are invited to bring their parents and their favorite doll or stuffy to the Children's Research Institute atrium and earn a diploma (and teddy bear). They will “round” on various hospital stations with their doll/stuffy.
Activities will include:
- Ortho casting of their doll/stuffy
- X-ray art
- Learn to use wheelchair and crutches
- Learn how to sew string bandages (stitches)
- Shots and stethoscopes
- Write down their vitals
- Feeling grateful? philanthropy section where kids can register for the Grateful Family Race team, Thank your caregiver! table
- Little Dr. Bear and Future Nurse and Doctor hats
- Little doll t-shirts? or doll stethoscope
- Dr. Bear appearance
- Pet therapy dogs--Green Belt Dog Center (Alli)
- Clowns & Musicians
- Tina Lassiter's lessons in mindful breathing and baby massage
- Bear hugs lesson
- Ambulance tour
- Make stress balls with gloves
- Nutrition--make healthy snack
RSVP by May 23 to Sarah Koch at [email protected] with the number of children attending.
Hosted by the Grateful Family Program.