Children’s National Hospital believes that trust and communication are essential for building strong relationships between the care team, patients and caregivers. In support of this, Children’s National provides secure 24/7 access to your child's health information through our patient portal, MyChildrensPortal. The online portal can be used to access health information, communicate with providers, refill prescriptions, manage appointments and much more.
Please do not use the patient portal if your child requires immediate assistance. Call your physician's office directly. If it is a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
MyChildrensPortal for Primary, Specialty and Inpatient Care
Patient health information can be managed in MyChildrensPortal when the patient is seeing a Children's National physician for primary, specialty, inpatient or emergency care. You can also download the patient portal app, MyChildrensPortal, available for iPhone and Android users.
Review our navigation guide (PDF) as you familiarize yourself with MyChildrensPortal.
How to Register for MyChildrensPortal
1. Request a portal invite
- Parents of patients under 18 years old: Request a portal invite while scheduling the appointment, at check-in or at check-out. If you need to link multiple children to your portal account, review this guide (PDF).
- Patients 13-17 years old: Adolescents will have their own account separate from their parent’s or guardian’s. Request a portal invite during your clinic visit.
- Patients 18 years old and over: Request a portal invite during your clinic visit or self-enroll here (https://childrensnational.iqhealth.com/self-enroll/). You will need your medical record number (MRN) to create an account. Your MRN can be found on discharge documents, clinic notes, the patient’s hospital bracelet or a billing statement. You can also call Medical Records at 202-476-5267 and select Option 7.
- Learn more about enrollment in our guide (PDF).
2. Check your email for an invite. The invites expire to protect patient privacy, so please claim the invite promptly.
Discover More About Our Portal
- Learn more about the portal in our frequently asked questions
- Once enrolled, you can access the MyChildrensPortal through the MyChildrensPortal app. The MyChildrensPortal app is available for download in the App Store and on Google Play.
- If you have a request for a legal name change within the medical record and hospital systems, it should be made through the Health Information Management (HIM) department: Legal Name Change Request Form (PDF)