Life in Washington, D.C.
In addition to its outstanding clinical, research and advocacy resources, the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellows at Children's National Hospital are able to fully immerse themselves in life in Washington, D.C. Living in the Nation's Capital allows fellows and their families to access renowned cultural institutions and museums, world-class musical and performance venues, a vast selection of bars and restaurants, many lively neighborhood events and festivals, sports and outdoor activities, and a diversity of religious and ethnic communities. In addition, fellows have the choice of living in one of D.C.’s vibrant neighborhoods or in one of the many surrounding suburban communities.
Some areas popular with fellows include:
- Columbia Heights/Petworth/Mount Pleasant - 5-10 minute drive from Children’s
- Capitol Hill - 15 minute drive from Children’s
- H Street/NoMA (North of Massachusetts Ave) - 15 minute drive from Children’s
- Navy Yard - 20-25 minute drive from Children’s
- U Street - 15-20min drive to CNMC
- Dupont Circle - 20-25 minute drive to Children’s
- Gallery Place/Chinatown – 15- 20 minute drive to Children’s
- Rockville/Bethesda, MD - 35-50 minute drive to Children’s
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring, MD - 30 minute drive to Children’s
- Hyattsville/Landover, MD - 35-45 drive to Children’s
- Crystal City/south Arlington, VA - 40-50 min commute
- Ballston/Clarendon/Courthouse, VA - 45-60 minute commute