Advances in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
We are hoping to return to an in-person conference for 2023. We will update this page with further details once they are available.
This conference provides participants with updates to best practices in the diagnosis, management and treatment of acutely ill pediatric patients. Topics are chosen to have particular relevance to urgent and emergency care, but many are also of interest to those in office settings. We use a combination of didactic lectures, interactive audience participation workshops and hands-on scenarios.
Conferences from prior years have enabled participants to:
- Identify key aspects of trauma care and management in the pediatric setting.
- Appreciate the implications of under-vaccination and the resurgence of measles as a childhood infectious disease.
- Discuss a trauma-informed approach to urgent and emergent pediatric care.
- Describe key research-based updates concerning pediatric status epilepticus.
- Recognize and describe the manifestations of, and treatment for, pediatric rashes.
- Learn a systematic approach to identify child abuse in the medical setting.
- Develop approaches to, and opportunities for, collaboration between emergent/urgent care providers and a child's primary care team.
- Practice hands-on resuscitation skills and stabilization interventions through simulation.
- Perform pediatric wound management and laceration care techniques.
- Understand the role played by, and features specific to, pediatric transport medicine.
Advances in Medicine at Children's National Hospital
Read about the latest and greatest in pediatric research and clinical innovations from Children’s National.