Experts from Children's National Medical Center Present Pediatric Health Care Trends at Arab Health Congress
DUBAI, UAE—This week, pediatric experts from the Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation and Children’s National Medical Center will exchange research, insights, and best practices at the 4th Middle East Paediatrics Conference during the Arab Health Congress, the largest gathering of healthcare professionals in the Middle East.
Evan Nadler, MD, co-director of the Children’s National Obesity Institute and principal investigator at the Sheikh Zayed Institute, and Fran Cogen, MD, director of the Children’s National Child and Adolescent Diabetes Program, will share information on how new technologies and techniques in pediatric obesity and pediatric diabetes management can dramatically improve the lives of children worldwide.
- Childhood Obesity and Metabolic Consequences: Dr. Nadler will discuss global trends in childhood obesity, associated comorbidities, and describe some surgical intervention possibilities.
- Ambulatory Management of Type 1 Diabetes in Children: Dr. Cogen will present the model of clinical care for type 1 diabetes currently used at Children’s National Medical Center, a best practice model in the United States.
The team from Children’s National will also visit hospitals in Abu Dhabi to exchange knowledge with local clinicians and researchers about innovating and improving care in their respective areas of expertise. These educational exchanges are part of a long-standing relationship between Children’s National Medical Center and the UAE.
Read daily posts from the visit to the United Arab Emirates at the blog of the Sheikh Zayed Institute, www.SurgeryInnovation.org.
- Children’s National Child and Adolescent Diabetes Program
- Children’s National Obesity Institute
- International Program at Children’s National
- Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation
Contact: Jennifer Stinebiser, 202-476-4500