What You Need to Know About COVID-19
Children’s National Hospital has implemented strategies to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community. As a precaution to protect our patients, families and staff, we are following the recommendations from the CDC. Learn more about what we’re doing to help you and your family during the pandemic:
COVID-19 Vaccine for Children Ages 6 Months and Up
- Children's National primary care offices are administering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to eligible patients (ages 6 months and older) as part of routine patient care.
- Your child may be eligible for a booster shot; contact your primary care office for availability and appointment information.
- We know that both Moderna and Pfizer are options for your young child. We encourage families to choose the brand of vaccine that is most conveniently available to you, or the one you prefer. Both Moderna and Pfizer are considered safe and effective. Do not delay obtaining vaccine for your child, it can be administered as part of the well child visits, and can be administered with other vaccines.
- In addition to contacting their pediatrician, families can call retail pharmacies, local health departments and schools to obtain the vaccine or booster for their child. Families can visit www.vaccines.gov to find a location to receive the vaccine.
- The vaccine is safe and effective in preventing COVID-19. If you have questions about the vaccine, a list of COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs are available.
- Our COVID-19 resources section explains what you can do if your child may have been exposed to COVID-19, how to get your child tested and how to contact our COVID-19 hotline to get answers to your general questions about the virus.
- Our primary care resources discuss how our locations are working to keep your family safe, provide parenting webinars to help you during this challenging time and offer resources that may be available to you in the community.
- Our sites are open for well and sick visits. We will continue to provide telehealth visits as well.
- We have updated our family and caregiver policy in an effort to limit the potential spread of COVID-19.
- Our parenting blog, Rise and Shine, includes a COVID-19 resource hub that has answers to your kids' frequently asked questions, suggestions and tips for managing discussion about the virus and what to do if your child tests positive for COVID-19.