Rehabilitation Medicine Fellowship
The ACGME-accredited Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine (PRM) Fellowship Program at Children’s National Hospital is a two-year program consistent with the requirements of the ABPMR and ACGME.
The program’s mission and aims are:
- Foster the global development of pediatric rehabilitation medicine fellows and transform them into the future leaders in the field
- Develop advanced skills in the diagnosis and treatment of children with disabilities to maximize their functional outcomes and improve their quality of life
- Fellows are exposed to diverse patient populations in various clinical settings and in different points of care continuum
- Our fellows are mentored to become well-rounded pediatric physiatrists and future leaders in the specialty
As fellows progress through the training, they gain more autonomy in preparation for transition to practice. Fellows play an integral role in our division in the training of PM&R and pediatric residents as well as medical students.
How to Apply
Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine Fellowship program participates in ERAS and NRMP. Requirements for fellowship candidacy include:
Interviews of the applicants for the 2024 academic year will be conducted in September- October 2023. Information about the dates and the format will be coming in the next few weeks based on the national and institutional recommendations and guidelines.
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, or
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited combined residency program in PM&R/Pediatrics, or
- Successful completion of ACGME accredited residencies in PM&R and Pediatrics, and
- American Board of PM&R certification or eligibility, and
- Eligibility for medical licensure in the District of Columbia
The interview involves meeting with each of the division’s faculty members as well as faculty from related subspecialties and a tour of facilities.
If you have questions, please contact:
Olga Morozova, M.D.
Director of Education and Fellowship
Division of Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine
Children’s National Hospital
111 Michigan Ave, NW, Suite 1090
Washington, DC 20010
Mi Ran Shin, M.D., M.P.H.
Associate Program Director
- Katherine DeGraaff, D.O. 2021-2023
- Annie Abraham, M.D., 2022-2024