- Fellowship, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, The Johns Hopkins University/National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland, (2008)
- Residency, Pediatrics, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, (2004)
- Ph.D., Clinical Investigation, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, (2009)
- M.D., University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL, (2001)
- B.A., Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, (1996)
AeRang Kim, M.D., Ph.D., is a member of the solid tumor faculty at Children’s National Hospital and an Associate Professor of Pediatrics. Dr. Kim's specializes in sarcomas and developmental therapeutics. Her research focuses on development of novel therapeutics for pediatric cancer including pre-clinical testing of novel agents, pharmacokinetic analysis, developing innovative methods for toxicity monitoring and clinical trial design. She serves as the principal investigator of multiple early phase trials in pediatric oncology, sarcomas and NF1 associated tumors.