Insurance and Billing
At Children’s National primary care, we work to ensure that there are no barriers to your child receiving the best care. To support you and your child’s needs, Children’s National Pediatricians & Associates (CNPA) accepts Medicaid and many private health insurance plans. We also offer a variety of payment options.
If your insurance plan requires you to pay a co-payment at the time of your appointment, payment is required prior to services rendered.
If you have any billing questions, you may contact us via secure message or call us at 301-754-3060.
Pay Your Bill Online
For CNPA Chevy Chase appointments after Jan. 1, 2023, you can pay your bill online through our fast and easy-to-use system. For visits before Jan. 1, 2023, please pay your bill by phone or mail.
Pay Your Bill by Phone
For your convenience, we are available for telephone bill payments Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. For this payment option, call CNPA Chevy Chase at 301-656-2745.
Pay Your Bill by Mail
You can send your payment by mail using a check or money order. Please reference the account number or the patient number on your check.
Bill payments may be mailed to CNPA Chevy Chase at the Elizabeth Arcade, 4601 North Park Ave, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.
Understanding Your Bill and Co-Pays
Our goal is to deliver the very best care to your child and family – comprehensive, convenient and fairly priced. Please note:
- Co-pays are not required for most preventive care services (or care provided to Medicaid enrolled children).*
- For the convenience of children and families and when schedules permit, we try to address any extra concerns about a child's health or behavior during your child's "check-up" office visit.
- In this situation, as per guidelines developed by the American Medical Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics, we will bill for the added office visit time.
- Some insurance companies are now asking that we collect a co-payment when we address extra concerns in addition to the check-up visit. If a co-pay is required, please address any billing questions to your insurance carrier.
- If it is more convenient, we can schedule a separate appointment to address additional health concerns.
*Children's preventive services, such as well-child check-ups and immunizations, may or may not be covered without cost sharing. Carefully review your plan's benefit details. The best time to review benefits is before you sign up for it.
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna/First Health
- Adventist Healthcare/Conifer Health
- Alliance Health Plan/OneNet PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (all plans)
- CareFirst Federal Employee Plan
- Cigna Healthcare (includes Great West Healthcare)
- Johns Hopkins Employee Health Plan (EHP)
- Kaiser Permanente (HMO Select ONLY - we must be listed as PCP)
- MultiPlan/Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)/Beech Street
- Tricare East/Humana Military (we do not accept Humana commercial plans)
- UnitedHealthcare/UMR/GEHA (all except Medicare)
- Amerigroup Maryland
- AmeriHealth DC
- Anthem HealthKeepers Plus
- Health Services for Children with Special Needs (HSCSN)
- Maryland Physicians Care
- Medicaid of D.C.
- Medicaid of Maryland
- Medicaid of Virginia
- MedStar Family Choice DC
- MedStar Family Choice MD
- Priority Partners
- CareFirst Community Health Plan (CHP) DC (formerly Trusted Health Plan)
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
Plans We Do Not Accept
- Aetna MCO/Aetna Better Health Plan
- Cigna Connect Virginia and Other States (excluding MD or D.C.)
- JAI Medical System Medicaid
- Johns Hopkins - US Family Health
- Kaiser MCO/Kaiser Permanente Maryland HealthChoice
- All other Kaiser Permanente Plans that are not Select HMO
- Medicare Plans
- Virginia MCOs (except Anthem Health Keepers Plus)
- CareFirst Community Health Plan (CHP) Maryland (formerly UMMS Medicaid)
- Humana (except Humana Military)