TOTAL COMMUNITY BENEFIT $102,277,822
- TOTAL Uncompensated Care
- Financial Assistance
- Medicaid Shortfalls
- Bad Debt*
* Bad debt and community building activities are part of our community investment but are not recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as community benefits; therefore, the financials associated with these categories are not included in the numbers for total community benefit categories and total community benefit.
- TOTAL Community Benefit Categories
- Community Health Improvement Services
- Health Professions Education
- Subsidized Health Services
- Cash and In-Kind Contributions
- Community Benefit Operations
- Community Building Activities*
Health Professions Education
The negative margin (the difference between cost and reimbursements) incurred in providing clinical settings, internships, and programs for physicians, nurses, and health professionals.
Includes financial assistance, bad debt, and Medicaid shortfalls. Financial assistance is free and discounted care given to persons deemed unable to pay based on established financial assistance policies.
Includes the clinical and community health research that is funded from a tax-exempt or government entity. This includes studies on health care delivery that are shared with others outside the organizations and should generate generalizable knowledge. For community benefit purposes, research priorities should be placed on issues related to reducing health disparities and preventable illnesses.