Pediatric Research Training
- Fellows will be provided opportunities for either clinical and/or basic science research and will learn how to prepare abstracts and manuscripts for publication and poster and oral presentations for regional and national meetings
- During the fellowship training program, submission of at least one first-authored basic science or clinical research manuscript and at least one grant proposal is encouraged. A research project and mentor is identified during the first year of training. The project may be under the direction of a nephrologist or other faculty member at CNMC.
- Each fellow has a Scholarship Oversight Committee responsible for providing direction and oversight of the fellows’ research experiences.
- Each fellow is required to complete the Fellows Core curriculum course.
- Fellows choosing the clinical pathway option will be required to enroll through CMNC and George Washington University in a program leading to a Masters Degree in Clinical and Translational Research.