Epilepsy Transition Clinic/Adult Continuity Program
Through the Epilepsy Transition Clinic, neurologists from Children’s National Medical Center in collaboration with colleagues at Georgetown University Hospital, provide continuity of care for patients with persistent epilepsy. This pioneering partnership is the first of its kind in the Washington, DC region.
A Seamless Transition
As adolescents make the transition to adulthood, we offer medical care and education in an age-appropriate setting to help patients understand and successfully manage their condition. The clinic offers the resources of epilepsy specialists from Children’s National and neurologists from Georgetown University Hospital’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Program.
The clinic makes appointments through the Georgetown University Hospital (GUH) Department of Neurology, and the clinic sees patients on the Georgetown University Hospital campus.
With their combined experience, our team can anticipate some of the potential complications for an adult patient, taking into consideration his or her personal condition history. This approach enables us to develop an individualized care plan for each patient that maximizes health outcomes and quality of life.
|• Assistance with epilepsy management prior to or during pregnancy
• Diagnostic evaluations for epilepsy and related disorders
• Evaluations for seizure, convulsion, epilepsy
• Evaluation for potential study participation
• Inpatient video EEG monitoring
• Management of epilepsy and refractory epilepsy
|• Outpatient electroencephalogram (EEG)
• Pre-surgical evaluation of epilepsy
• Second opinion or management consultations for epilepsy
• Surgical management of refractory epilepsy
• Vagal nerve stimulator (VNS) placement and management
See all epilepsy related programs offered by Children’s National Medical Center.
Back to top - Departments & Programs - Children's National Medical Center