Adolescent Health Center - Children's National Medical Center
111 Michigan Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20010
Children's Adolescent Health Center provides comprehensive, primary care for adolescents ages 12 to 21. Some 10 and 11 year olds are treated if developmentally mature. Physicians in the Adolescent Health Center also serves as sub-specialty care consultants for community health care providers who refer their patients to the center.
Our Generations Program invites adolescent parents to bring their children to the adjacent Children's Health Center at the Hospital, where that their child can be treated while they are treated in the Adolescent Health Center.
There is plenty of convenient underground parking available at the hospital. Parking tickets are validated by the following departments: Family Services (for Social Work clients only), Parking Office (for parents without funds; one time only), and the Security Office (for parents without funds when the Parking Office is closed or parents with a letter signed by a representative of the clinic).
Adolescents between the ages of 12 and 21 years.
- Physical exams and immunizations
- Urgent medical care
- Treatment for asthma
- Allergy shots
- Nutritional support and counseling
- Contraception counseling and family planning
- Pregnancy testing and referral
- HIV antibody counseling and testing
- HIV disease treatment (Burgess Clinic)
- Substance abuse counseling
- Treatment for common adolescent issues, including eating disorders, acne and gynecological problems, including sexually transmitted diseases.
- Departments & Programs - Children's National Medical Center