General and Community Pediatrics
Children’s National Medical Center has the largest pediatric presence in the Washington, DC, area. Community Health Centers throughout the city are one way we carry out Children’s mission to expand access to quality health care and improve health outcomes for children in the community. These primary care, general pediatric, centers offer routine care for all children.
Staffed by members of Children’s healthcare teams, the centers provide services for infants, children, and adolescents, from birth to the age of 21, and related assistance for families. The centers accept most forms of private insurance and Medicaid, and center staff can help you with Medicaid applications and other administrative issues.
Care in Your Community
Through our community health services and programs, Children’s doctors, nurses, and other pediatric specialists, are able to provide care outside of the hospital to more patients and families in the District of Columbia.
The centers make it easier for parents to access basic preventive care, screenings, and treatments for infants, children, and adolescents. The centers offer:
Our educational programs and clinics also help kids and families live a healthier lifestyle. Children in the District of Columbia are among the largest pediatric populations in the country for numerous chronic diseases and disorders, and we know how these conditions affect their health and well-being.
|• Adolescent health care
• Help with school and daycare health forms
• Developmental testing and screening
• Care for minor injuries and illnesses
|• Prescription refills
• Referrals to children's specialty services
• Sports physicals for school athletics
• Support for children with special needs and chronic (long term) conditions
• Well child check-ups
We teach children and families about healthy habits that help them manage a condition, such as asthma — while still allowing kids to be kids. Learn more about our special programs and clinics:
• IMPACT DC (a program for children with asthma)
• Obesity Clinic
• The Generations Program (a teen-to-teen pregnancy program for teenage girls and their children)
Back to top
- Departments & Programs - Children's National Medical Center